As we are a group of volunteers and have very limited infra structure and resources, we are always in need of a helping hand. Here are a few ideas on how you can help or become involved:
- Sign/setup a monthly Debit Order of any amount that you can afford. This helps us to be financially more stable and allows us to plan our commitments better;
- Donate a bag of dog/cat food per month;
- Offer to foster puppies or kittens or adult dogs;
- Often we need help with transporting animals/lifts to Cape Town;
- Offer to help work at a stall at markets or at a fundraising event, or at open adoption days;
- Drop off your good second-hand books (novels), clothing and bric-a-brac at Chain on Main (Tulbagh) which we can resell to raise funds;
- We always need a supply of blankets and towels at the foster homes (they don’t last long) and toys to occupy the dogs and cats.
- We have a Whatsapp Group, Friends of Chain, which is the quickest way to communicate our needs or often a crisis. To be added to this group, please send your details to Nelia 082 899 2248.
Drop off points for any donations:
Tulbagh: Chain on Main Retail Shop (situated at the old Saronsberg Theatre), 19 Van Der Stel Street, Tulbagh.
Ceres: Ceres Veterinary Hospital, Diere Plesier, Pick n Pay Ceres.
Wolseley: Chain Shelter, 19 Mill Street, Wolseley (on Google Maps).
You can also help us by shopping online at the Santa Cause for Paws shop in aid of Chain Boland. All profits will be paid out directly to Chain Boland. Click the button below and start shopping!